Saturday, September 10, 2011

My response to Obama's speech

I have to say, as much as I liked how fired up, dramatic and detailed the president got on Thursday night when he delivered his jobs plan to Congress, he also appeared more desperate than ever to sell a piece of legislation and more desperate than ever to gain the support not only of congress, but of the American people. I think Bill O'Riley, as much as I dislike the guy, is right on this one. He is playing the sympathy card.

On the other hand, the strongest part of me feels like playing the sympathy card is the best move at this time. It may be nothing short of brilliant. If republicans refuse to cooperate with passing the bill, Obama wins over even more sympathy for trying to win a good fight and failing. If he does pass it, he looks like a big winner. A win win. Still, in the big picture, the economy still sucks and with his base lost, I don't see Obama beating Perry- the GOP hotshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment