Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Long Promised Drawings & Some Sad News

I've been meaning to post some of my artwork up here for at least a month, but either haven't found the time or the inspiration to lug my huge sketchbook upstairs and scan it into the computer. Well, I'm finally bored enough (and have a big enough headache) to do just that. So here's a piece from April somethingorother 2005.

A bit frightening, although I remember being very proud of the saddle when I first drew it. This wasn't drawn fully freehand, as I traced the very basic outline of the horse.


This one's from December 2005. Once again, it wasn't completely freehand. I always did like it, though, especially the unusual way in which I did the bridle.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Oops. How did this get in here? Haha. Anakin Skywalker, from when I could actually draw better than Leauphaun. Not a chance of that happening now.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
This is probably my favorite drawing of a (race)horse I've ever done. Not sure why. Probably because it was the first freehand horse I actually liked. As you can probably tell, I removed the jockey, 1) because she was WAY too small, and 2) she was only half finished. Only the boot and the hand remain now.

The only thing I don't like about this drawing is where the saddle is positioned, as it's too far positioned on the back, plus the girth curves the wrong way -- toward the front of the horse instead of the back. This was done in August of 2008.
~
And finally, I'd like you to meet Zorro, my masked Arabian. I did him in late 2008, and was probably the last horse drawing I actually completed. I couldn't get his cannon bones (the leg bone directly beneath the knee) right to save my life, so I cut his legs off at the knee.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
The second part of my post is about Skillet. I'm sure that some of you have heard by now that Ben Kasica, their guitarist of ten years, has left the band to pursue other interests. That's sad news, especially since Leauphaun didn't get a chance for him to sign the drawing she did of him.

I'm sad to see Ben leave Skillet, but I'm also glad that I got to see him last May. Ben, you were amazing. I wish I could play guitar even half as well as you. (Or even play guitar at all. . .) God bless you with your clothing line, recording studio and whatever else you decide to do.

So in honor of Ben Judah Kasica, I thought I'd sign off with my four favorite Skillet songs of all time. (That isn't true, my favorite songs are always changing order, as anyone who loves music knows.)

A Sonic the Hedgehog AMV, as Shadow rules.

Savior, one of my all-time favorite Skillet songs. Epic guitar, Ben.

I've watched this music video far too many times already, and it never seems to get old. Sorry for the subtitles; couldn't find one without them.

And, of course, I have to end out with Monster, which has some of the coolest guitar ever in the chorus, but you need to have your volume set really loud to catch it..

I always laugh when I see this video because John Cooper hates bare feet, yet he runs around in bare feet the entire video. Strange.

This is the behind the scenes from the filming of Monster. Pretty cool.

Now I have to wonder who their next lead guitarist is going to be. Maybe Ty Dietzler. . .? Now that wouldn't be cool at all.

NOTE: I couldn't get the formatting right to save my life, so I apologize if it looks weird. It looks great on one computer but horrible on the laptop. I've tried several times to fix it, but it hasn't worked, so I'm just going to leave it. Sorry if it looks strange.

~God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment