Thursday, May 26, 2011

In Which I Spazz About Three Things

Contrary to popular belief, I am not dead. I've just lost my motivation for blogging. In fact, I've lost my motivation for a lot of things right now. A quick hint: tags help me blog more often. *wise nod* Very inspiring.

In other new: YC ALBERTA 2011 STARTS IN LESS THAN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm excited about this. Since I can't be there this year (and there's only three reasons to be there anyway) I guess I'll have to take the next best thing: watching it live on the website, where they'll be streaming it all weekend. I'll post the link either tomorrow morning or afternoon.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN A YEAR SINCE WE WERE IN ALBERTA!!!!!!!      Creepy...


Leauphaun's line of the day: You know you have too many drawings when you forget you have some.


I did this the other day with my writing. I went back and read the half-completed short story-turned-novella I've had on the go for several months and read the second half again (as I can't stand the first half). I was pleasantly surprised at my writing, even to the point where I'd completely forgotten that I'd written several thousand words. It made my, uh, night.

Several months ago, I got an idea for another story, the summery of which sounded something like this:

Two characters (Eldra and Daymond?) must protect a family from a corrupt government that is persecuting them for their faith.

Okay, so the entire summery was a bit longer than that, but you get the idea. Two weeks ago, I woke up one morning and had huge chunks of plot fall into place. I wrote almost half the plot and four character bios on my iPod before I even got out of bed. As of today, the basic outline is over five hundred words, and I'm about half way through the plot. I've decided to cut Eldra from the entire story, as I'm more interested in Daymond right now. (And once more I fall for the bad boy.)

The unusual thing about this story is I'm hoping to focus more attention on character development and the spiritual aspect than the crazy action/fight scenes that I seem to be so fond of.

Two songs in particular seem to be inspiring me: Fades Away's "Right Now (We'll Stand), Skillet's "Hero". If you listen to the lyrics in both songs, the first one is talking about not being a hero, while Skillet's song is about being a hero. That's the direction I want to take with Daymond in this story (and his overall life). Plot details for this new novella will emerge soon.

Also, I have received an award from Barriss!!! Thanks!


To accept the award I need to list seven interesting things about myself.

1. I CAN'T WAIT for the new RED music video to come out. (clip #1 here and #2 here)

2. If rock music wasn't invented, LOTR music would be my favorite, specifically Concerning Hobbits.

3. I've seen Skillet in person one time and twice online, all before Ben Kasica left. *teardrop*

4. I've discovered that Daymond (my anti-hero with heroic qualities) is a more complex character than I'd ever dreamed, even surpassing Eldra (my main character and protagonist).

5. I could live with snakes, if only I never had to see another spider again in my life!

6. I prefer supper foods for breakfast. Leauphaun is the exact opposite.

7. CLU has officially become my favorite TRON: Legacy character, surpassing Sam by miles.

I must pass this award onto 15 other people. I won't list anyone in particular, but if you haven't received this award yet, you are free to take it, as long as you comment with a link to your post.

And speaking of CLU, Leauphaun completed another music video yesterday to Skillet's remixed song "Monster, now titled "Monster: Unleash The Beast". Check the video out below.


This song fits CLU perfectly. I dare you argue that point with me. *disarming grin*

~God Bless~




No comments:

Post a Comment