Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beware Low Flying Cucumbers, Er, Pickles

My blog says that I last posted on the 13th, but that isn't right. It was, what, four or five days ago? Ah, well. No matter. I'm posting again, and that's what counts.

After getting home from church last night, I was hungry, but it was nearing ten and I didn't want something really filling (even though I ended up staying awake until after two). I took a quick look in the fridge and, noticing the large jar of dill pickles and sour cream, both sitting there with suspiciously innocent expressions,
I was abruptly dragged down memory lane. . .

We spent this past New Years Eve with our friends of, oh, I don't know, FOREVER. Their dad is an excellent cook, so there were tons of yummy snacks throughout the evening/morning.

After playing Apples To Apples,
my best friend and I went over to the snack table. As I was explaining something about my writing, she picked up a slice of cucumber, then suddenly burst out laughing. Between fits of giggles, she said she saw herself in her mind's eye throwing the cucumber at me.
After recovering from another fit of giggles, she took a small pickle and dipped it in the sour cream. I gave her a look something along the lines of "what on Parthaya are you doing?" She somehow convinced me to try it, therefore introducing me to my new favorite snack.

You heard right: dill pickles dipped in sour cream.

I normally don't like dill pickles, preferring to munch on garlic pickles, but now I know what to do with that huge jar of dill pickles taking up space in the back of the fridge.

My dad gave me an entirely odd look -- it may have been disgust -- last night when he saw me with pickles and sour cream. But it's good! I got Leauphaun to try it and now she's hooked too! Go ask her if you don't believe me.

And it seems that the sour cream lessens the hyperness that comes with eating pickles. . . wait. Consider this: Epic Pictures Equals Puddle Lose.

Maybe not.
Please tell me I'm not the only one that likes weird combinations of food.


Taking a lateral step from weird to writing (I've come to the conclusion that they're actually related), I've somehow manipulated myself to write about thirty-six hundred words in the last seventy-six hours. Sadly, they have no relation whatsoever to my short story, which is approaching four thousand words, but hasn't been touched in at least four days.

In case I've never mentioned this before, I am not a fast writer. I get giddy if I can write over five hundred words in one day. And here I am, getting more than 800 for three days in a row. *snickers* And more than half of those words have come between 12:00-2:30 in the morning.


I wanted to end this with ForthAngel's song "Confidence" but could only find live versions.
This one is the best I could find, but none of them have the incredible vocals the studio version has. So instead here's This Fires Embrace's "Art Of War." It's my goal to see this band in the next two years. Them and ForthAngel. And RED.


~God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment