Monday, January 3, 2011

My Life Is RED

I've been into RED since their first album, End Of Silence, came out in 2006. I only knew the song Already Over for the longest time, since that was the only RED song our Christian radio station in Calgary played.

I bought End Of Silence fairly soon after I discovered it, but almost right away, the CD got scratched beyond repair -- before I know how to download it onto the computer. I never even got to listen to all the songs. :(

In early 2008 I made a life-changing music discovery:
ChristianRock.net. (I know that I keep mentioning it, but if you haven't checked it out yet, go do so! You won't regret it.) They had (at the time) five RED songs, all from End Of Silence. Breathe Into Me quickly became my favorite RED song, and it's still one of my top five.
Just before Christmas 2008, RED released Fight Inside, their first single from their brand new album, Innocence & Instinct.

Fight Inside instantly became my favorite RED song, and it still is. I've listened to it over 170 times since 2009.

However. . . RED has just released two new single from their upcoming album, Until We Have Faces.




Personally, I think that Faceless has the more "classic" RED sound, with their traditional violins and piano, while Feed The Machine seems to be a new direction for them, one for which I already like. I am utterly psyched for this album to come out; if even half of the songs are as sweet as these two singles, I'm going to hunt down the nearest RED concert and drag my parents to it.


RED is also an amazing live band -- Leauphaun and I got to see them at YC Alberta, as I mentioned in this post
here -- not to mention the band members were all really nice guys, although they were rather late for their autograph signing session. . .

Overall, RED has become one of my top listened to bands. One simply cannot deny that they're amazing. (Yes, Grandma, I'm looking at you.) The majority of their songs fall into the rock/hard rock category that I've fallen so in love with, but they also have some very mellow songs, like Already Over, Pieces, and Take It All Away, which are great to pop into the family playlist. Also, I, as of this point, haven't been able to find a RED song that I actually can't stand. And for me, that's a beautiful thing.

~God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment