Monday, August 15, 2011

A bit of good news for once

With politics at its worst seemingly dominating the 24-hour news cycle, I realized my tone on this blog had become incredibly pessimistic. So, I read some good News in the Daily News today and figured it would be worth reporting here. While my criticisms of Congress and frustration with the status quo will continue to shine through, I'll try to change the tone a bit and see if I can keep it up.


Renana, a newborn sand cat near Tel Aviv, gives new hope to extinct species. This rare sand cat is the first to be born at the Ramat Gan Safari. Sand cats have been extinct in the region, though they once were common in the dunes of Israel. With the successful birth of Renana, zookeepers have a renewed hope of reintroducing the species into the wild. The kitten will hopefully join Israel's Sand Cat Breeding Program.
- New York Daily News

No comments:

Post a Comment