Monday, December 27, 2010

A Collection of Christmasy and Not So Christmasy Facts

Here's a slightly belated Merry CHRISTmas to everyone!!!




Just to give ya'll a heads up, Leauphaun and I are planning on holding another contest similar to the previous one in the near future, so keep your eyes open for that. Check out the two winners' prizes from the first contest here and here.


I've finally updated my poll, so you voting-deprived people may finally vote again. I know you're all going crazy with excitement, right?

The reason behind the poll is because I'm sitting in our TV room watching Leauphaun and The Goose blowing the heck out of other fighters on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, probably our most played game on the Wii. So far, we've played over 100 hours of solo Brawl time (that's time spent in-match, not in the game itself). If any of you have that game, or its two prequels, comment and let me know what you favorite character(s) are to play. I won't tell my favorite until then:)


Last night, Sidney Crosby kept his epic point streak alive with a goal in the Penguins 3-1 loss in Ottawa. He now has points in 24 games straight! As Washington found out last Thursday, you can't stop Sidney, no matter what you do. Kinda pathetic looking, isn't it?

As for the topic of Christmas, has everyone else decided they won't really want to eat for the next couple of days? Because I haven't. I could eat jello salad all year round. Stuffing isn't all that bad, either, but I'm afraid that I'd have to pass on the brussel sprouts. Bleah!!!


Presents: The weirdest present that I saw given this year was probably to my dad: we gave him a jar of sauerkraut and a jar of pickled herring. Double bleah!!!!


Weirdest saying: As Leauphaun already explained in this post, this year introduced us to the Whoopy Wang.


Best Christmas tradition: This one ended in a tie. My family always does Mexican food on Christmas Eve, which we did this year with our best friends. While were were at their house, they told us about their tradition of having prime rib on the day after Christmas, as they don't do the turkey meal on Christmas anymore. I wanted to go over and join them, but we had family over yesterday. Maybe next year, then.


So there you have it: a random collection of facts from the past several days. Hope you
enjoyed it. If you want a part two to this post, let me know.

P.S. My grandpa is in the hospital with an erratic heart beat. Please keep him in your prayers.

~God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment