Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Different Kind Of Christmas

Last night, I read Squeak's post about Manafest. (Hey, Leauphaun, I think I may have found someone who likes Manafest as much as you do.) And that reminded me: I haven't posted anything on music in a while, nor have I even mentioned Christmas. Seeing as I haven't been consistently blogging the past month or two (or five), I figured it was probably time to do another post.

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while know that I mostly listen to the rock/hard rock/metal genre. Therefore, it shouldn't surprise you too much if I tell you that I don't really like traditional Christmas music. Shocking, huh? The songs themselves are nice, but a full month of Christmas music for the past seven years (that's when I really discovered the artists behind the music) is way too much for me.

But something interesting happened last year (or was it two years ago?); I began listening to the online station ChristianRock.net. Out of the four stations, rock, hard rock, hip-hop and power praise, only the rock has Christmas music playing (in between all the other, regular music). I've heard some interesting -- though sometimes old -- Christmas songs through it.

I haven't listened to ChristainRock.net nearly as much this year as I did the previous two years, but sometimes I'll be bored with my own music and click it on, just to see what's playing and if any new songs have been added. I discovered that the Christmas music is back, but they've added some new songs from last year. Here are my two favorites:




I bought both songs on November 27th after only listening to them each once, then played them the next day while getting supper ready. My mom then had me play it at least another four times that day. Since then, I'm fairly certain she's listened to it over 25 times herself. Oh, did I mention my mom really doesn't like the cold/snow/snowboarding(hint, Leauphaun, hint)/pretty much anything to do with winter?

Personally, I enjoy The Wind better, even though I usually chuckle my way through the song. No, really, I do.

Ooooh, I just received an Icy Square from my mother. Thanks, Mom! I'd play Heat Miser for you (even though she's listened to it three times herself today), but my iPod's charging.

While I enjoy my wonderful chocolaty treat, here's another song, instrumental this time:

Last year, I bought August Burns Red's "Carol of the Bells," but I think I like this song better. O Come, O Come Emmanuel has been one of my favorite Christmas songs for years. Now I like it even more.

Sorry if this post rambles a bit, but I'm not in the mood to go back and clarify things. If you're utterly lost as of reading this, just listen to the music. Trust me.


Oh, and for those of you that don't like the heat, check out FM Static's "Snow Miser." Not that I'm recommending the song or anything -- I personally can't stand FM Static, nor can I figure out how Trevor can be in two totally different bands (TFK and FM Static). *blinks in confusion*

Now if only I could find some Skillet Christmas songs. . . Haha, or War Of Ages. That would be interesting.


~God Bless~


No comments:

Post a Comment